Frequently Asked Questions
- How often will boxes arrive?
- You'll receive a new kit about every month.
- When will the first shipment arrive?
- We ship most products within a few days of receiving your order. Most shipments will arrive within 6-10 business days in the contiguous U.S. and 3-4 weeks for other U.S states and territories and Canada.
- Can I pay for the kits over the internet?
- Yes, please click here.
- Can I delay the first shipment for Christmas delivery?
- Yes, just let us know you want the first shipment to be sent close to Christmas and we'll send approximately two weeks before it needs to be there.
- I need to change my address. How can I do that?
- You can make address changes by clicking here.
- Are Genius Box Kits Safe?
- Kits are designed and tested for safety for ages 8 and up when completed as directed in our instructions. Parent supervision is suggested.
- WHAT ARE SOME OF THE STEM THEMES COVERED IN THESE KITS?
- Aerodynamics, hydrology, polymers, circuits, microbiology, the human body, fossils, magnetism, Earth and space, and robotics.
- HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO COMPLETE EACH KIT?
- Activities can vary in duration. It will most likely take a few hours to complete each kit in its entirety, but it is possible that certain activities will require a longer wait time to obtain the results of the experiments. Most kits are designed so that you can stop and start in between activities.
- HOW MANY ACTIVITIES ARE INCLUDED IN EACH KIT?
- Each kit has a minimum of three activities included.
- WHAT IF MY GENIUS BOX EXPERIMENT DOESN'T WORK?
- When performing activities and experiments, results may vary from what is shown in the leaflet. That's OK! Science experiments can yield different results. The important thing is to learn and explore while still having fun!
- WHAT SUPPLIES WILL I NEED?
- You’ll need basic household supplies generally used for crafting such as scissors, pliers and white glue.
- How can I return a shipment?
- Shipments must be returned within 21 days for a refund or credit. If you do need to return a product, please repackage it in its original packaging. Then mail it back to us at PO BOX 8000, Big Sandy, TX, 75755-8000, and we'll credit your account as quickly as possible. If you also want to cancel your membership, so you don't get any future shipments, please include a note with your return stating your wishes or click here to cancel online.
- How can I cancel a memership?
You can submit your request to cancel here. We'll send you an email confirmation as soon as your cancellation is processed.
If there's a service problem or other reason you wish to cancel, we hope you'll contact us first and give us a chance to solve the problem.
- I have already paid - why am I still getting bills?
- When we send an invoice for a shipment you have ordered, we allow 4 weeks to pass before we send a follow-up invoice. Sometimes we may receive your payment a day or so after we have already sent the follow-up invoice. If you have already made your payment and receive another invoice afterwards, you may ignore it. You can check your account online for up-to-date information.
- How do I know that my credit card is secure when I order from you or make a payment over the Internet?
- We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software that is among the best available today for secure Internet transactions. When you place an order or pay your bill on-line, this software encrypts all of your personal information, including your credit card number, so that it cannot be read as it travels over the Internet.
- I'm unable to make my payment or other customer service transaction over the Internet. Who should I contact?
- Please call customer service at (800) 282-6643 if you experience a problem with a transaction to your online account.
- Do you accept International orders?
- We currently are only able to ship orders to the U.S. and Canada.
- Can I give a membership to someone as a gift?
- Yes, please do! Simply click here.
- I've gifted a membership, is there something I can give to let my recipient to let them know?
- Yes! Simply click here to download a printable file.
- I'm having a problem with a box. Who can I contact for help?
- Please contact our Pattern Services department by completing the pattern services request form here. Be sure to include your name, email address, daytime phone number, and the name of the item you have a question about.
- What is your policy concerning mailing lists?
We regularly communicate to our customers through the mail with information and offers from our family of companies. From time to time we make our customer mailing list available to other companies that sell goods and services that we believe would interest our customers. (We do not provide customer telephone numbers to these companies.) If you prefer not to receive any of this information, or if you wish to receive only information from our family of companies, please notify us at MailPreference@Annies-Publishing.com.
Notice: If the Post Office alerts us that your paid product is undeliverable, we have no further obligation unless we receive a corrected address within two years.